The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and National Research Foundation Singapore (NRF) are investing close to S$70 million to future-proof Singapore’s communications and connectivity capabilities, through the launch of the Future Communications Research and Development Programme (FCP).
The four-year programme will strengthen Singapore’s 5G ecosystem and accelerate the research and translation of future communication technologies. Hosted by the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), the programme comprises:
- Development of Future Communications Connectivity Lab at SUTD and Future Communications Translation Lab at SIT
- Grant calls for R&D and translation of future communications technologies
- Support for local talent pursuing research in communications and connectivity
- International Partnership for future communications technologies such as 6G
The FCP is supported under Singapore’s Research, Innovation and Enterprise (RIE) efforts, where Communications and Connectivity is one of the key technology focus areas in the Smart Nation and Digital Economy (SNDE) domain. The FCP will coordinate multidisciplinary research efforts across the RIE ecosystem, with Research Institutes (RIs), Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) and other RIE efforts.
As host institution, SUTD will lead and collaborate with Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), and Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
The FCP will support AI and Cybersecurity research for the next-generation communications infrastructure, support innovative testbeds and provide scholarships for those who wish to pursue research work in the area of future communications. FCP will also look to build and strengthen international partnerships and collaborations across borders.
 Translational research seeks to produce more meaningful, applicable results. Translation refers to the development of research ideas into market-ready solutions”
- Workshop on Open RAN and Programmable NetworksWe are excited to invite you to our workshop on 8 May 2023 on Open RAN and Programmable Networks. During the workshop, we will explore topics such as the challenges … Continue reading Workshop on Open RAN and Programmable Networks
- SUTD to Launch South-east Asia’s First O-RAN Open Testing and Integration Centre (OTIC)Announced at the Mobile World Congress Barcelona (MWC) 2023, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) will launch a new O-RAN1 Asia & Pacific Open Testing and Integration Centre (OTIC) … Continue reading SUTD to Launch South-east Asia’s First O-RAN Open Testing and Integration Centre (OTIC)
- Keysight and SUTD Sign Memorandum of Understanding for Open RAN and 6G TechnologyWe are pleased to announce that Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Keysight Technologies Inc. to collaborate on Open RAN (O-RAN), … Continue reading Keysight and SUTD Sign Memorandum of Understanding for Open RAN and 6G Technology