The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and National Research Foundation Singapore (NRF) are investing close to S$70 million to future-proof Singapore’s communications and connectivity capabilities, through the launch of the Future Communications Research and Development Programme (FCP).
The four-year programme will strengthen Singapore’s 5G ecosystem and accelerate the research and translation of future communication technologies. Hosted by the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), the programme comprises:
- Development of Future Communications Connectivity Lab at SUTD and Future Communications Translation Lab at SIT
- Grant calls for R&D and translation of future communications technologies
- Support for local talent pursuing research in communications and connectivity
- International Partnership for future communications technologies such as 6G
The FCP is supported under Singapore’s Research, Innovation and Enterprise (RIE) efforts, where Communications and Connectivity is one of the key technology focus areas in the Smart Nation and Digital Economy (SNDE) domain. The FCP will coordinate multidisciplinary research efforts across the RIE ecosystem, with Research Institutes (RIs), Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) and other RIE efforts.
As host institution, SUTD will lead and collaborate with Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), and Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
The FCP will support AI and Cybersecurity research for the next-generation communications infrastructure, support innovative testbeds and provide scholarships for those who wish to pursue research work in the areas of communications and connectivity. FCP will also look to build and strengthen international partnerships and collaboration across borders.
 Translational research seeks to produce more meaningful, applicable results. Translation refers to the development of research ideas into market-ready solutions”
- 2022 SKKU International Workshop on Future Communications [6G: Vision and Technologies]We are pleased to inform that Professor Tony Quek will be presenting on Future Communications R&D Programme at the 2022 SKKU International Workshop on Future Communications. Please find the details … Continue reading 2022 SKKU International Workshop on Future Communications [6G: Vision and Technologies]
- Asia 6G Research Initiative Open WorkshopWe are pleased to inform that Prof Tony Quek will be presenting at the Asia 6G Research Initiative Open Workshop, held at the Auditorium of the Korean Institute of Communications … Continue reading Asia 6G Research Initiative Open Workshop
- World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum 2022 on “The Digital Access Technology for Poverty Alleviation and Recovery in Post Covid-19 Era”We are pleased to inform that Prof Tony Quek will be one of the panellists at the workshop, The Digital Access Technology for Poverty Alleviation and Recovery in Post Covid-19 … Continue reading World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum 2022 on “The Digital Access Technology for Poverty Alleviation and Recovery in Post Covid-19 Era”